Internet Explorer is not supported for this application. For the best experience, use a supported browser such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Edge.


How to Enroll

Blue Cross Blue Shield FEP Dental and Blue Cross Blue Shield FEP Vision are two separate, independently operated FEDVIP plans that can give you peace of mind about your health.

Check if You're Eligible

BCBS FEP Dental is available to federal employees, federal retirees, retired uniformed service members and their families.

BCBS FEP Vision is available to federal employees, federal retirees, retired uniformed service members and their families, plus the families of active duty service members.


You can enroll during Open Season, which typically runs from the second Monday of November through the second Monday of December. Newly hired federal employees are also able to enroll 60 days from their entry on duty date. Additionally, uniformed service members retiring or recently retired from service may enroll between 31 days before their military retirement date or 60 days after.

To enroll, visit or call their enrollment line at 1-877-888-3337. Then, verify your eligibility and fill out some information about your employment. Create your BENEFEDS account if you're enrolling online and select BCBS FEP Dental or BCBS FEP Vision.

Choosing A Plan

BCBS FEP Dental and BCBS FEP Vision both have two plans, High Option and Standard Option. You can choose between three levels of coverage: Self Only (coverage for yourself),Self + One (coverage for you and one eligible family member) or Self & Family (coverage for you and multiple eligible family members).

Use the AskBlueSM Plan Finder tools at or to check which plans are recommended for your needs.

If you don't want to make any changes to your coverage, you don't need to do anything. Your coverage will automatically carry over to the next year.

Getting Covered

Coverage starts on January 1. Download the brochures to get familiar with all of your new benefits at and

Visit the Member Portal

The BCBS FEP Dental and BCBS FEP Vision member portals let you view your benefits, check the status of your claims, request a duplicate or replacement member ID card and more.

Sign up at and

Get the Apps

Download the BCBS FEP Dental and BCBS FEP Vision apps to access your benefits anywhere. They're available for free on the App Store® or Google Play™.

Enrolling in a FEDVIP Plan

Select below to view, print or download the How to Enroll document.

View PDF